-   RPM Package Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/)
-   -   Leaving a file behind (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/173945-leaving-file-behind.html)

"Michael A. Peters" 10-10-2008 09:05 AM

Leaving a file behind

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a
particular file behind when removing the package?

R P Herrold 10-10-2008 11:14 AM

Leaving a file behind

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Michael A. Peters wrote:

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a particular
file behind when removing the package?

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be
left, so that you might harvest it.

-- Russ herrold

"Michael A. Peters" 10-10-2008 12:09 PM

Leaving a file behind

R P Herrold wrote:

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a
particular file behind when removing the package?

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be left, so that
you might harvest it.

Blatantly simple - I feel dumb for not thinking of that.
Thanks

R P Herrold 10-14-2008 03:09 PM

Leaving a file behind

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be
left, so that you might harvest it.

Blatantly simple - I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

rpm jujitsu always _looks_ easy, but represents hours in the
dojo. ;)

Thanks

my pleasure

-- Russ herrold