Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
"Erez Zilber"

Default rpmbuild tries to cd into $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION

Hi,

When I run rpmbuild --rebuild on a src rpm, it opens the tar file and
tries to cd into it. I see that it runs "cd
$RPM_PACKAGE_NAME-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION. Can I change it so it will run
"cd $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME"? How?

Thanks,
Erez

Old 08-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Jos Vos

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 02:03:36PM +0300, Erez Zilber wrote:

> When I run rpmbuild --rebuild on a src rpm, it opens the tar file and
> tries to cd into it. I see that it runs "cd
> $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION. Can I change it so it will run
> "cd $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME"? How?

Append this to the %setup command: -n %{name}

--
-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364

Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM
"Erez Zilber"

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 02:03:36PM +0300, Erez Zilber wrote:
>
>> When I run rpmbuild --rebuild on a src rpm, it opens the tar file and
>> tries to cd into it. I see that it runs "cd
>> $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME-$RPM_PACKAGE_VERSION. Can I change it so it will run
>> "cd $RPM_PACKAGE_NAME"? How?
>
> Append this to the %setup command: -n %{name}

Thanks!