Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Marty Ridgeway

Default Relocation broken on 4.3.3-18 ?

Relocation appear not to work on RPM 4.3.3-18 .

I have Prefix: set to /opt/myfiles

All files in the RPM are in /opt/myfiles/myprog

When I pass the --prefix flag and try to install to
/usr/local/opt/myfiles/ for example, it still installs in the default
directory

Also if I query rpm -qp --queryformat '%{prefix}
' or {defaultprefix}
I get an incorrect format error. If I query {name}, [release},
{version}, etc. the query comes backs correctly.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Jeff Johnson

Relocation appear not to work on RPM 4.3.3-18 .

I have Prefix: set to /opt/myfiles

All files in the RPM are in /opt/myfiles/myprog

When I pass the --prefix flag and try to install to /usr/local/opt/
myfiles/ for example, it still installs in the default directory

Also if I query rpm -qp --queryformat '%{prefix}
' or
{defaultprefix} I get an incorrect format error. If I query {name},
[release}, {version}, etc. the query comes backs correctly.

Have you tried

rpm -Uvh --relocate /=/usr/local --badreloc yourpkg*.rpm

Yes rpm --query will fail with unknown tags, neither %{prefix} nor %
{defaultprefix}

are vald tags iirc (rpm-4.3.3 was released 4+ years ago).

The list of valid tags is displayed using --querytags. Try
rpm -qp --qf '[%{prefixes}
]' yourpkg*.rpm
to see what prefix{s} were included in yourpkg.

But all directory/file paths in *.rpm packages can be relocated or
excluded if --badreloc is used.

hth

73 de Jeff