-   RPM Package Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/)
-   -   About translating man pages. (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/128138-about-translating-man-pages.html)

"Oybek Nuriddinov" 07-20-2008 12:26 PM

About translating man pages.

Hello everybody, I am glad to know that there is rpm mailing list!
It was difficult to find answer to my question. Could you please help me!

We have linux distribution based on Fedora whose source file is in
RPM.
And now I want to tranlate man pages into Uzbek (from Russian or English it doesn't matter). There are tutorials for "translating man pages", but is done by debian(I need RPM's way)* The problem is :

How I can translate man pages and add it to Linux, so that
during installation I could select the Uzbek language after which man pages must be in Uzbek language. Could you please write it step by step if possible!

Thanks in advance!

"Jeff Johnson" 07-21-2008 02:03 PM

About translating man pages.

Hello everybody, I am glad to know that there is rpm mailing list!
It was difficult to find answer to my question. Could you please help me!

We have linux distribution based on Fedora whose source file is in
RPM.
And now I want to tranlate man pages into Uzbek (from Russian or English it doesn't matter). There are tutorials for "translating man pages", but is done by debian(I need RPM's way)* The problem is :

How I can translate man pages and add it to Linux, so that
during installation I could select the Uzbek language after which man pages must be in Uzbek language. Could you please write it step by step if possible!

Thanks in advance!

There are (at least) 2 source code bases for RPM, so the answer ismore complicated than simple.
The code base at http://rpm5.org uses the Translation Project exclusively,
so submit any/all translations through the Translation Project please.
73 de Jeff*