-   RPM Package Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/)
-   -   installing a second gcc on the same machine (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/104748-installing-second-gcc-same-machine.html)

"Mark Ryden" 06-11-2008 02:15 PM

installing a second gcc on the same machine

Hello,

I want to be able to build a kernel module of FC6 on an FC9 machine,
I build the module on the FC9 machine against an FC6 kernel tree.
However, when I insmod it, I get an error: it expects it to be built
agains the gcc version of FC6.

I want to keep the gcc of FC9.

I tried to install the fc6 gcc rpm, with -force, but this seems to
overwrite the previous version.

My question is: is there a way to install two gcc rpms on the same machine?

(BTW: there is no compat version for gcc of FC6 in FC9)

Regards,
Mark