Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 PM
PK

Default warning: user XXX does not exist - using root

I'm trying to build/install an rpm and it keeps giving me these warnings while installing the binary. Though I heard this could be safely ignored as its bcos there is no user XXX on my box, was wondering if there is a way to supress this in the rpm spec file itself. I know I could also manually build it as root. But curious if we could supress this from the spec.

Thanks in Advance,

PK

Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM
"Johri, Mayank (GTS)"

Title: Message

something like this
%defattr(-,root,root)
might help you

Thanks and Regards,

Mayank Johri
Merrill Lynch & Co.
Ph: 212.670.3076

I'm trying to build/install an rpm and it keeps
giving me these warnings while installing the binary. Though I heard this
could be safely ignored as its bcos there is no user XXX on my box, was
wondering if there is a way to supress this in the rpm spec file itself. I
know I could also manually build it as root. But curious if we could supress
this from the spec.

Thanks in Advance,

PK

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you consent to the foregoing.

*

Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
PK

Yep, that did it.