-   -   mail server (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/98440-mail-server.html)

hike 05-31-2008 02:47 AM

mail server

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:23 PM, Joy Methew <ml4joy@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello all.....
> i want to configure mail server for 100 clients....
> so please tell me which mail server will be best for 100
> clients.
> 1.sendmail
> 2.postfix

postfix definitely.

sendmail was written for the criminally insane or wannabe's!

The RH253 class that ended today instructed us that postfix is the way to
go!
The "insane" comment above was generated from my work with sendmail at my
current site.

Barry Brimer 05-31-2008 03:54 AM

mail server

i want to configure mail server for 100 clients....
so please tell me which mail server will be best for 100
clients.
1.sendmail
2.postfix

Postfix. No question. I used to use sendmail. Now I use postfix.

"nilesh vaghela" 05-31-2008 08:57 AM

mail server

For 100 user sendmail or postfix both work well.

But postfix is more easy to setup and some what options are easy.

Try postfix.

We do have lots of mail server running on sendmail with 500 users /
mailboxes without any problem.

But new mail server we are implementing on Postfix.

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Joy Methew <ml4joy@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all.....
> i want to configure mail server for 100 clients....
> so please tell me which mail server will be best for 100
> clients.
> 1.sendmail
> 2.postfix

Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech
Redhat Channel Partner and Training Partner
74, Nalanda Complex, Satellite Rd, Ahmedabad
25, The Emperor, Fatehgunj, Baroda.
www.electromech.info

laurent 01-24-2009 05:54 PM

mail server

Hi Gentoos,

I want to install an e-mail server solution, based on postfix.
I'm reading this how-to:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml

From a level simple to complexe I would like a solution that is not to
hard at first to have time, to understand the basics, and have it
working, and that could then be easy to extend to a more complex
situation like multi domain hosting. I first just need my apache to send
mails via mod_php and mod_neko.

Thanks for advices.
Laurent

Stroller 01-24-2009 08:26 PM