Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Eric Peters

Default Mail Server

Hey guys,

I have experience running a mailscanner back in 2004 on a Gentoo
box. And as far as my knowledge; that thing kept running hands off
till the company sold last year. It's a nice sold platform, once it
gets trained a bit. And I agree with Scott about Mailscanner and
Postdoc playing in the same sand box, it's only going to give you a
headache in the future. On a side note: My new deployment of ASSP
http://assp.sourceforge.net/ (2 weeks old) ran into an issue last
night and this morning. Seems a spam message is causing ASSP to
segfault perl. Once they fix their forums I will file a bug report.
The root cause is the mail header had 1702 "content type" statements
(buffer over flow I'm thinking) but in the mean time I whipped up a
Nagios plugin to to check for ASSP running on the local system, and if
it's not running start it up. etc.... But so far that's the only issue
I have had with it.

Cheers,
Eric

Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM
William Mungwiro

Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of email both internal and external. can anybody email me the instructions on how to do it at
mungwirowilliam@gmail.com as soon as possible.

--
WM

Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Luc MAIGNAN

yum install postfix :-)

Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
William Mungwiro

I have installed postfix but the problem is now configuring it, sorry i dint mention that in my previous email

Le 10/03/10 14:40, William Mungwiro a écrit :

> Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of

> email both internal and external. can anybody email me the

> instructions on how to do it at

> mungwirowilliam@gmail.com <mailto:mungwirowilliam@gmail.com> as soon

> as possible.

> --

> WM

WM

Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Michal

On 10/03/2010 13:40, William Mungwiro wrote:
> Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of
> email both internal and external. can anybody email me the instructions
> on how to do it at
> mungwirowilliam@gmail.com <mailto:mungwirowilliam@gmail.com> as soon as
> possible.
>

> --
> WM

They are called search engines, learn how to use them. People holding
your hand will not help anyone. For example, I tell you what to do, it
breaks...uh-oh...you don't know what to do now... You don't understand
how it works since you simply followed what someone told you to do.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Luc MAIGNAN

The scope of your question is too large...
Please ask for a configuration problem or see howtos on the postfix web site

Regards

Old 03-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Sergio Augusto Vladisauskis

I running Fedora 12 with sendmail + spamassassin + spamass-milter +
procmail. Sendmail configured to maildir and smarthost.
--
Sergio Augusto Vladisauskis
-> Oportunix IT Services Brasil

Old 03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
NoSpaze

Am Mittwoch, den 10.03.2010, 15:40 +0200 schrieb William Mungwiro:
> Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of
> email both internal and external. can anybody email me the
> instructions on how to do it at
> mungwirowilliam@gmail.com as soon as possible.

As someone pointed, the scope of your question is too wide. An email
server is related with a lot of issues: dns and nameservers,
authentication, security, encryption, viruses and spam handling, client
options, maybe a web server, etc.

This is a vanilla setup, almost useless in the real world:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/deployment-guide/f12/en-US/html/s3-email-mta-postfix-conf.html

This one is my preferred basic setup:

http://fedorasolved.org/server-solutions/postfix-mail-server

You could be more explicit and ask puntual matters... after googling a
bit. This list provides great help, but you must focus a precise
problem. Personally, I'd like to know what are you trying to deploy.

Cheers.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 15:40 +0200, William Mungwiro wrote:
> Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of
> email both internal and external. can anybody email me the
> instructions on how to do it at
> mungwirowilliam@gmail.com as soon as possible.

1) Fedora 10 is no longer supported. You should upgrade to F11 or F12.
2) Your Subject line mentions "mail server" but your message body says
nothing about setting up a server. It just asks about how to send mail,
which could refer to simply configuring a mail client. What exactly do
you want to do?

poc

Old 03-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Bill Davidsen

William Mungwiro wrote:
> Hi All, im running Fedora 10 and i want to configure the sending of
> email both internal and external. can anybody email me the instructions
> on how to do it at
> mungwirowilliam@gmail.com <mailto:mungwirowilliam@gmail.com> as soon as
> possible.

I run sendmail and dovecot myself, if you wish to accept mail from off-machine
edit sendmail.mc in /etc/mail and then run make. You definitely want
spamassassin running, too.

They all have man pages, although default is useful for many people.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>