Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Raj Har

Default mail server

Hello all,
i wanna make users in mail server.bt i don`t wanna use
useradd command.i don`t wanna create on system.
i know about cyrus imap.can u tell me other method to achive this target??

thanks

Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Raj Har

Hello all,
i wanna make users in mail server.bt i don`t wanna use
useradd command.i don`t wanna create users on system.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:00 PM
"Mike Burger"

You could install some sort of self contained mail server, so that it
handles user addition/creation/removal. But if you want a local mail
server to deliver mail to the Linux system, the users have to exist on the
Linux system, and that requires creating the users on that system.

> Hello all,
> i wanna make users in mail server.bt i don`t wanna use
> useradd command.i don`t wanna create on system.
> i know about cyrus imap.can u tell me other method to achive this target??
>
> thanks

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

or send a blank email message to:

site-update-subscribe@bubbanfriends.org

Old 12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Percy Barboza

You need only to create mailboxes in cyrus imap.

All users and authentication can come off an Active Directory database.

percy

Old 12-22-2009, 01:23 AM
Zhang Huangbin

On Dec 21, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Raj Har wrote:

> Hello all,
> i wanna make users in mail server.bt i don`t wanna use
> useradd command.i don`t wanna create users on system.
> i know about cyrus imap.can u tell me other method to achive this target??

You can try this open source mail server solution:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Open Source Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux,
CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, FreeBSD: http://www.iredmail.org/

Old 12-22-2009, 04:47 AM
chaim rieger