Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
"Mad Unix"

Default sarg

sarg giving me languages not exist on RHEL5
[root@linux1 download]# rpm -aq | grep sarg
sarg-1.4.1-6.el5.rf

[root@linux1 download]# sarg
SARG: (language) Cannot open language file:
/usr/local/sarg/languages/English
[root@linux1 download]# ls -al /etc/sarg/languages/English
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2128 Apr 25 2003 /etc/sarg/languages/English
[root@linux1 download]# ls -al /usr/local/sarg/languages/English
ls: /usr/local/sarg/languages/English: No such file or directory
[root@linux1 download]#

--
madunix

Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Manuel Aróstegui

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 09:49 +0200, Mad Unix wrote:
> sarg giving me languages not exist on RHEL5
> [root@linux1 download]# rpm -aq | grep sarg
> sarg-1.4.1-6.el5.rf
>
> [root@linux1 download]# sarg
> SARG: (language) Cannot open language file:
> /usr/local/sarg/languages/English
> [root@linux1 download]# ls -al /etc/sarg/languages/English
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2128 Apr 25 2003 /etc/sarg/languages/English
> [root@linux1 download]# ls -al /usr/local/sarg/languages/English
> ls: /usr/local/sarg/languages/English: No such file or directory
> [root@linux1 download]#

So? If it's not there it's not there, it's complaining cause it's right,
it's not there, you have checked it by yourself :-)

Manuel.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 AM
"Herta Van den Eynde"

On 23/04/2008, Mad Unix <madunix@gmail.com> wrote:

> sarg giving me languages not exist on RHEL5
> [root@linux1 download]# rpm -aq | grep sarg
> sarg-1.4.1-6.el5.rf
>
> [root@linux1 download]# sarg
> SARG: (language) Cannot open language file:
> /usr/local/sarg/languages/English
> [root@linux1 download]# ls -al /etc/sarg/languages/English
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2128 Apr 25 2003 /etc/sarg/languages/English
> [root@linux1 download]# ls -al /usr/local/sarg/languages/English
> ls: /usr/local/sarg/languages/English: No such file or directory
> [root@linux1 download]#
>
> --
> madunix

Where did you get the package from?
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sarg/sarg-2.2.5.tar.gz?download seems to
install OK.

In the meantime, perhaps a "ln -s /etc/sarg/languages/English
/usr/local/sarg/languages/" can help?

Kind regards,

Herta

--
"Life on Earth may be expensive,
but it comes with a free ride around the Sun."

Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
"Mad Unix"

I downloaded the file
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sarg/sarg-2.2.5.tar.gz?download
how can i create a daily and weekly and monthly report through crontab...
since i have the following logs structure inside my sarg

[root@linux1 squid]# ls -al
total 72484
drwxr-x--- 2 squid squid 4096 Apr 23 15:24 .
drwxr-xr-x 18 root root 4096 Apr 23 09:35 ..
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 18563871 Apr 23 15:24 access.log
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 3403821 Apr 20 04:02 access.log.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 2463493 Apr 13 04:02 access.log.2.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 1589109 Apr 6 04:02 access.log.3.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 805553 Mar 30 04:02 access.log.4.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 869545 Mar 23 04:02 access.log.5.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 6124 Apr 23 15:05 cache.log
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 2231 Apr 20 04:02 cache.log.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 501 Apr 13 04:02 cache.log.2.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 756 Apr 6 04:02 cache.log.3.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 327 Mar 30 04:02 cache.log.4.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 414 Mar 23 04:02 cache.log.5.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1365 Apr 23 13:34 squid.out
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 23343604 Apr 23 15:24 store.log
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 8967831 Apr 20 04:02 store.log.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 5907785 Apr 13 04:02 store.log.2.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 3782238 Apr 6 04:02 store.log.3.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 2257881 Mar 30 04:02 store.log.4.gz
-rw-r----- 1 squid squid 2078096 Mar 23 04:02 store.log.5.gz

Thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 09:17 PM
"madunix@gmail.com"

I am running squid + sarg, how can I change the ip-address in the
generated report into username? The users are free to surf the web
anonymously, no need to provide a login or any authentication to the
proxy.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2011, 10:34 PM
John R Pierce

On 09/18/11 2:17 PM, madunix@gmail.com wrote:
> I am running squid + sarg, how can I change the ip-address in the
> generated report into username? The users are free to surf the web
> anonymously, no need to provide a login or any authentication to the
> proxy.

without requiring a proxy login, how would the squid server know who is
running the browser at a given IP address to do this?

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Christopher Chan

On Monday, September 19, 2011 06:34 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 09/18/11 2:17 PM, madunix@gmail.com wrote:
>> I am running squid + sarg, how can I change the ip-address in the
>> generated report into username? The users are free to surf the web
>> anonymously, no need to provide a login or any authentication to the
>> proxy.
>
> without requiring a proxy login, how would the squid server know who is
> running the browser at a given IP address to do this?

It might be possible with AD + kerberos/ntlm to do it in a SLO
manner...so not anonymous but also without requiring users to login or
authenticate themselves.