Old 04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Samuele Storari

Default Hello World

Dears *,

I'm Samuele an Art Director from Italy and I'm happy to join Artwork mailing list.

A couple of weeks ago, I joined a Linux and Open Source company and I discovered a new interesting world.

I'm really excited about this way of sharin' ideas and projects, so I would like to join Fedora Artwork to help with my skills and also improve my knowledge of this world (gettin' some help on Inkscape and GIMP after years of Adobe stuff).

Have a look at my work on "Fedora-USB-Pen Totem" realized with help of Francesco Crippa and Luca Foppiano (Fedora Ambassadors) at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/LiveUsbCreator

and let me know ur comments and improvement, and soon I'll start refactoring for Fedora 9 theme.

I hope to join Artwork team ASAP.

Ciao
Samuele

Old 04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Nicu Buculei

Samuele Storari wrote:

Dears *,

Hi Samuele!

I'm Samuele an Art Director from Italy and I'm happy to join Artwork mailing list.

Welcome!

A couple of weeks ago, I joined a Linux and Open Source company and I discovered a new interesting world.

I'm really excited about this way of sharin' ideas and projects, so I would like to join Fedora Artwork to help with my skills and also improve my knowledge of this world (gettin' some help on Inkscape and GIMP after years of Adobe stuff).

Our main queue of open tasks is here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

If you have questions about GIMP or Inkscape usage, do not be afraid to
ask here.

Have a look at my work on "Fedora-USB-Pen Totem" realized with help of Francesco Crippa and Luca Foppiano (Fedora Ambassadors) at:

My suggestion is to get yourself a wiki account and upload on the wiki
on your own.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/LiveUsbCreator

and let me know ur comments and improvement, and soon I'll start refactoring for Fedora 9 theme.

It looks nice but there are two problems with the image:
- you have used a wrong color for the Fedora logo on the stick, read
here about the correct usage:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines
- an even bigger problem (it may be considered copyright infringement):
you (well, Franceso in your place) uploaded to the wiki a *proprietary*
font, Artista. This is not allowed by the font's license, please remove
it ASAP (if you want to preserve the typeface in the SVG, convert the
text to paths).

I hope to join Artwork team ASAP.

As I said above, welcome!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM