Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
"Doll, Margaret Ann"

Default Public key for perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2

I am trying to upgrade the perl packages on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 6.3 (Santiago)

I am getting the error when I try "yum update perl"

Downloading Packages:
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
0608b895: NOKEY

Public key for perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm is not
installed.

I see that perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm repository is
epel6-64-main and not a rhel server.

Where do I get the public key and how do I install it? I did install
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-debuginfo-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm; that didn't help.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Doll, Margaret Ann wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade the perl packages on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
> Server
> release 6.3 (Santiago)
>
> I am getting the error when I try "yum update perl"
>
> Downloading Packages:
> warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
> 0608b895: NOKEY
>

> Public key for perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm is not
> installed.
>
> I see that perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm repository is
> epel6-64-main and not a rhel server.
>
> Where do I get the public key and how do I install it? I did install
> perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2-debuginfo-2.027-1.el6.x86_64.rpm; that didn't
> help.

See if this helps, Margaret:
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#How_can_I_install_the_packages_from_the_EPEL_s oftware_repository.3F>

mark

Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Corey Kovacs

You need to import the packager's public key into the rpm db on any host
using which you want to use the epel repo's.

The key is here.. http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

Soo, you can do this...

rpm --import http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL-6

To get it into your host's rpm db.

What is happening is the rpm/yum utilities are, by default tying to ensure
that you are only installing packages from a trusted source. This is very
good for example if say someone broke into epel and inserted a version of
some package, say, my-evil-version-of-httpd.rpm in place of
httpd-<version>.i686.rpm. That person would not be able to "sign" the
packages using the appropriate private key from which the epel public was
derived and rpm/yum would catch it and warn you.

If for some reason you want to override this behavior (bad idea) you can
use the --nogpgcheck flaf to yum.

-C

Old 07-19-2012, 12:08 PM
"Doll, Margaret Ann"

Thanks again for your help. The system is now up-to-date.