-   -   Server Name versus Domain Web access (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/682504-server-name-versus-domain-web-access.html)

"Florez, Nestor" 07-11-2012 03:28 PM

Server Name versus Domain Web access

Hello,

I have a server running RHEL 5 and it was renamed and given a new IP address
But now when I access its Drupal web site via the server name
http://servername it works fine but when I access the server's Drupal web site
using the entire domain name http://servename.domainname.com I get this warning:
warning: file(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

This was not happening before the IP and server name change

I have check and compare the /etc/hosts*, /etc/resolve.conf, /etc/sysconfig/network
And other files against some of my other servers and I am not able to tell what is the difference.

Any ideas of what I should check on my RHEL 5 system?
Anything I should ask the network admins to check?

Thanks,

Néstor

"Florez, Nestor" 07-11-2012 04:08 PM

Server Name versus Domain Web access

Dovay et all,

I have checked against my other RHEL/Drupal systems.
I have stopped and started the network, httpd and iptables services
I have checked the settings.php on Drupal

The only difference is that it was renamed and given a different
IP address.

Before the changes were made to this server, I was not getting the warnings.

Thanks,