-   -   problem start apache (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/680684-problem-start-apache.html)

07-06-2012 10:57 AM

problem start apache

after upgrade system from rhel 4 to rhel 6 and move config files.. apache not start
service httpd statushttpd dead but subsys locked
# netstat -tulpnActive Internet connections (only servers)Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name.................................tcp 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN 17297/httpdtcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 17297/httpd

Paul Preston 07-06-2012 11:25 AM

problem start apache

Hi,

First of all try to kill the process and start it again. If that doesn't work, remove shared memory segments with ipcs and ipcrm.

Without content of a log file and strace it's the first idea that comes to my mind...
--
Paul Preston
Proxar IT Ltd. Registered in England and Wales: 6744401- VAT: 942985479
after upgrade system from rhel 4 to rhel 6 and move config files.. apache not start service httpd statushttpd dead but subsys locked
# netstat -tulpnActive Internet connections (only servers)Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name.................................tcp 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN 17297/httpdtcp 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 17297/httpd

Please note that we may monitor or record telephone calls, email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and staff training. This message (and any associated file or documentation) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notifiedthat any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files and documentation associated with this message, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from oyur computer. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the authorand do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Georgios Magklaras 07-06-2012 12:02 PM

problem start apache