FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Red Hat Linux

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Jason Morgan
 
Default RPM query.

Hi,

I have an RPM spec file that I have taken from a RHEL Summit PDF. On RHEL 5 this SPEC file builds ok. However when I try to build this RPM on RHEL 6 the build fails. Was there a change between RHEL5 & RHEL6 in the RPM build environment. I have attached my SPEC file and rpmbuild output below. Would appreciate if anyone can see what is missing ?

Thanks

My SPEC file taken direct from doc.

Summary: My Company general configuration RPM
Name: config
Version: 1
Release: 1
License: Copyright 2010, My Company, Inc.
Group: MyCompany/Configs
Packager: Packager Name <my-email@mycompany.com>
BuildArch: noarch
Source: %{name}-%{version}.tgz
BuildRoot: %{_builddir}/%{name}-%{version}
%description
This RPM provides config files for My Company.
%prep
%setup
%files
%config(noreplace) %attr(644,root,root) /etc/ntp.conf


RHEL6 rpmbuild output.

Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.7AXZ3w
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf config-1
+ /bin/tar -xvvf -
+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/config-1.tgz
drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2012-06-20 14:20 config-1/
drwxr-xr-x root/root 0 2012-06-20 14:20 config-1/etc/
-rw-r--r-- root/root 64 2012-06-20 14:20 config-1/etc/ntp.conf
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd config-1
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ exit 0
Processing files: config-1-1.noarch
error: File not found: /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/config-1-1.x86_64/etc/ntp.conf


RPM build errors:
File not found: /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/config-1-1.x86_64/etc/ntp.conf

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 PM
 
Default RPM query.

Jason Morgan wrote:
>
> I have an RPM spec file that I have taken from a RHEL Summit PDF. On RHEL
> 5 this SPEC file builds ok. However when I try to build this RPM on RHEL 6
> the build fails. Was there a change between RHEL5 & RHEL6 in the RPM build
> environment. I have attached my SPEC file and rpmbuild output below. Would
> appreciate if anyone can see what is missing ?
<snip>
> RPM build errors:
> File not found:
> /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/config-1-1.x86_64/etc/ntp.conf

Seems pretty clear to me: you're missing this file, and I'd assume that
whatever you're building requires ntp.conf.

mark

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Jason Morgan
 
Default RPM query.

This SPEC file builds ok on RHEL5 and creates the rpm but fails to build on RHEL6. Sourc TAR is exactly the same on both server.

> Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:03:57 -0400
> Subject: Re: RPM query.
> From: m.roth@5-cent.us
> To: redhat-list@redhat.com
>
> Jason Morgan wrote:
> >
> > I have an RPM spec file that I have taken from a RHEL Summit PDF. On RHEL
> > 5 this SPEC file builds ok. However when I try to build this RPM on RHEL 6
> > the build fails. Was there a change between RHEL5 & RHEL6 in the RPM build
> > environment. I have attached my SPEC file and rpmbuild output below. Would
> > appreciate if anyone can see what is missing ?
> <snip>
> > RPM build errors:
> > File not found:
> > /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/config-1-1.x86_64/etc/ntp.conf
>
> Seems pretty clear to me: you're missing this file, and I'd assume that
> whatever you're building requires ntp.conf.
>
> mark
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
 
Default RPM query.

Jason,

First, please don't top post. We don't care what Outlook wants.... <g>

Jason Morgan wrote:
>> From: m.roth@5-cent.us
>> Jason Morgan wrote:
>> >
>> > I have an RPM spec file that I have taken from a RHEL Summit PDF. On
>> > RHEL 5 this SPEC file builds ok. However when I try to build this RPM on
>> > RHEL 6 the build fails. Was there a change between RHEL5 & RHEL6 in the
>> > RPM build environment. I have attached my SPEC file and rpmbuild output
>> > below. Would appreciate if anyone can see what is missing ?
>> <snip>
>> > RPM build errors:
>> > File not found:
>> > /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/config-1-1.x86_64/etc/ntp.conf
>>
>> Seems pretty clear to me: you're missing this file, and I'd assume that
>> whatever you're building requires ntp.conf.
>>
> This SPEC file builds ok on RHEL5 and creates the rpm but fails to build
> on RHEL6. Sourc TAR is exactly the same on both server.

That may be the case, but it's possible that one of your dependencies
that's *not* your in-house stuff now has that as a requirement.

Interesting. I was looking to see if there was an ntp-devel, and ran
across this presentation:
<http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2010/presentations/summit/opensource-for-it-leaders/thurs/pwaterma-2-rpm/RPM-ifying-System-Configurations.pdf>.
On slide 40, he describes the .tgz going into an rpm:
Now we create a .tgz file containing the files going into
our RPM. Its contents look like this:
% tar tzf /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/config-1.tgz
config-1/
config-1/etc/
config-1/etc/ntp.conf

You're sure that it's not in your .tgz?

mark


mark

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Jason Morgan
 
Default RPM query.

Definitely , the SOURCE and SPEC files were taken as is from my RHEL 5 server.

I'm pretty sure the way RHEL uses buildroot has changed between release. I can work around this but am curious as to why I am seeing this behavour.





--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org