Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Steve Phillips

Default NET-SNMP-MIB Madness on RHAS4

Hi there,

I've got an older Redhat Advances server 4 box and am trying to get
net-snmp working on it.

I've gotten the basics going so I can snmpwalk various OID trees, like
SNMPv2 and the Host-resources tree, however, I'm having problems where the
device that is supposed to be 'discovering' this box seems hellbent on
looking up the NET-SNMP-MIB::netSnmpAgentOIDs.10 which doesn't exist.

Infact, it seems none of the NET-SNMP-MIB exists, which I found kinda
strange seeing as this was a net-snmp daemon ??

[root@ov35 ~]# snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost NET-SNMP-MIB
NET-SNMP-MIB: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
NET-SNMP-MIB)

Is there any way to enable this in the snmpd.conf ?

To date I've added a new view for the 'public' community that restricts
queries to .1 (the entire tree) and added the "master agentx" directive to
enable the net-snmp-agent-mib, none of which helped any.

Is there any way to provide the net-snmp-mib values to remote devices
trying to discover stuff on this box ?

--
Steve.