Old 04-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Abhilash Chittathukatil

Default Squid configuration for group based acl's

Hi Team,

I am using squid proxy in my office for website/user based restrictions.
The same I have configured with NCSA authentication so that it will ask for
user id and password for login to the websites. Beside that I have included
white listing too. The user ID's for authentication are AD(active
directory) user ID's but i am not integrated squid with AD, instead I am
creating the user with "htpasswd"
locally for authentication.

My requirement is:

I want to give full internet access to 7 users and only 2 sites to other 8
users along with NCSA authentication. So unix group based authentication
is possible in squid along with NCSA checks. Otherwise I need to configure
a separate squid server for this two type of categories ? Please help me
with the best practices.

Abhilash

Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Abhilash Chittathukatil

My current ACL is the below one.

http_access allow home_network ncsa_users Goodsites

Where ACL "Goodsites" is the white list. I need to include a unix group
also in the same ACL. Also 2 separate white listing is possible in squid
for 2 different groups?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Abhilash Chittathukatil <
abhilashck72@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using squid proxy in my office for website/user based restrictions.
> The same I have configured with NCSA authentication so that it will ask for
> user id and password for login to the websites. Beside that I have included
> white listing too. The user ID's for authentication are AD(active
> directory) user ID's but i am not integrated squid with AD, instead I am
> creating the user with "htpasswd"
> locally for authentication.
>
> My requirement is:
>
> I want to give full internet access to 7 users and only 2 sites to other 8
> users along with NCSA authentication. So unix group based authentication
> is possible in squid along with NCSA checks. Otherwise I need to configure
> a separate squid server for this two type of categories ? Please help me
> with the best practices.
>

> --
>
> Regards,
> Abhilash

Abhilash

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Abhilash Chittathukatil

Hi Team,

Any comments on this ??

----
Thanks

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Abhilash Chittathukatil <
abhilashck72@gmail.com> wrote:

> My current ACL is the below one.
>
> http_access allow home_network ncsa_users Goodsites
>
> Where ACL "Goodsites" is the white list. I need to include a unix group
> also in the same ACL. Also 2 separate white listing is possible in squid
> for 2 different groups?
>

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Abhilash Chittathukatil <
> abhilashck72@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Team,
>>
>> I am using squid proxy in my office for website/user based restrictions.
>> The same I have configured with NCSA authentication so that it will ask for
>> user id and password for login to the websites. Beside that I have included
>> white listing too. The user ID's for authentication are AD(active
>> directory) user ID's but i am not integrated squid with AD, instead I am
>> creating the user with "htpasswd"
>> locally for authentication.
>>
>> My requirement is:
>>
>> I want to give full internet access to 7 users and only 2 sites to other
>> 8 users along with NCSA authentication. So unix group based authentication
>> is possible in squid along with NCSA checks. Otherwise I need to configure
>> a separate squid server for this two type of categories ? Please help me
>> with the best practices.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Abhilash
>>

> --
>
> Regards,
> Abhilash

Abhilash

Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM
"Mertens, Bram"

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING 310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Abhilash Chittathukatil <
> abhilashck72@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > My current ACL is the below one.
> >
> > http_access allow home_network ncsa_users Goodsites
> >
> > Where ACL "Goodsites" is the white list. I need to include a unix group
> > also in the same ACL. Also 2 separate white listing is possible in squid
> > for 2 different groups?
> >

> > On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Abhilash Chittathukatil <
> > abhilashck72@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Team,
> >>
> >> I am using squid proxy in my office for website/user based restrictions.
> >> The same I have configured with NCSA authentication so that it will ask for
> >> user id and password for login to the websites. Beside that I have included
> >> white listing too. The user ID's for authentication are AD(active
> >> directory) user ID's but i am not integrated squid with AD, instead I am
> >> creating the user with "htpasswd"
> >> locally for authentication.
> >>
> >> My requirement is:
> >>
> >> I want to give full internet access to 7 users and only 2 sites to other
> >> 8 users along with NCSA authentication. So unix group based
> authentication
> >> is possible in squid along with NCSA checks. Otherwise I need to
> configure
> >> a separate squid server for this two type of categories ? Please help me
> >> with the best practices.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Abhilash

Please don't do this, it is considered very bad etiquette to bump your own posts. (See also http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id479876)

What have you done in the past week to try and resolve this yourself? What documentation did you read? What did you try?

Regards

Bram