Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Marco Shaw

Default Red hat linux server lost connectivity to the storage. Please suggest.

The server can be restarted/rebooted? The zoning has been re-verified?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Barry Brimer

One of our redhat server that was earlier zoned to EMC storage is not able
to see any LUNs/Disks all of a sudden.

We are not seeing any entries in /sys/class/fc_host.

# ls -ld /sys/class/fc_host
ls: /sys/class/fc_host: No such file or directory

# more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

# uname -r
2.6.18-128.4.1.el5

RHEL 5.2 is quite dated, you might consider moving to RHEL 5.7. RHEL 5.8
was just released.

# lspci | grep -i fibre
04:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
04:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
05:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
05:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)

Please suggest or point us in the right direction.

Are you loading lpfc?

What is the output of "lsmod | grep lpfc" ??

Barry

Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM
unix syzadmin

The server has been restarted; but no luck.
We don't think it is a zoning issue; because the same storage has been
zoned to another server in the RAC cluster and the other node is able to
see the storage.

Also; the server was able to see the LUNs until a couple hours ago. The
storage administrator does not see WWN's for HBA's login to the SAN fabric.

So at this point it is either kernel/HBA/connectivity issue.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
unix syzadmin

The lsmod command on the problem node (node1) does not return anything. Is
there a problem with the fibre/HBA modules? Can we load them manually?

node1# lsmod | grep -i lpfc

The lsmod command on another node (node2) works fine.

node2# lsmod | grep lpfc
lpfc 352653 38
scsi_transport_fc 73801 1 lpfc
scsi_mod 196569 11
emcp,scsi_dh,sr_mod,sg,lpfc,scsi_transport_fc,liba ta,megaraid_sas,sd_mod

Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
unix syzadmin

contents of /etc/modprobe.conf

# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 bnx2
alias eth1 bnx2
alias eth2 bnx2
alias eth3 bnx2
alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid_sas
alias scsi_hostadapter1 ata_piix
alias scsi_hostadapter2 lpfc
###BEGINPP
include /etc/modprobe.conf.pp
###ENDPP
options lpfc lpfc_nodev_tmo=10

alias bond0 bonding
#options bond0 mode=active-backup miimon=100

Old 02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Barry Brimer

The lsmod command on the problem node (node1) does not return anything. Is
there a problem with the fibre/HBA modules? Can we load them manually?

"modprobe lpfc" should work.

I'd also check the output of dmesg after running that in case it says
anything interesting.