-   -   Is there a way to make sure or force the kickstart to use local internal disk instead of SAN. (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/637522-there-way-make-sure-force-kickstart-use-local-internal-disk-instead-san.html)

unix syzadmin 02-25-2012 07:46 PM

Is there a way to make sure or force the kickstart to use local internal disk instead of SAN.

Hi,

We created raid5 virtual device on the local SAS disks in Dell r710.
The fibre/HBA's on the server are already zoned to the EMC storage and so
it can also see the SAN disks.

We do kickstart installs; so my question is:
What can we do to make sure that the kickstart install uses raid5 virtual
device built on local SAS disks instead of the SAN.

Please suggest or point int he right direction.
Thanks

"Mertens, Bram" 02-29-2012 09:22 AM

Is there a way to make sure or force the kickstart to use local internal disk instead of SAN.

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING 310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB

> We created raid5 virtual device on the local SAS disks in Dell r710.
> The fibre/HBA's on the server are already zoned to the EMC storage and
> so it can also see the SAN disks.
>
> We do kickstart installs; so my question is:
> What can we do to make sure that the kickstart install uses raid5
> virtual device built on local SAS disks instead of the SAN.
>
> Please suggest or point int he right direction.
> Thanks

You might generate the partitioning commands based on the drives detected in a %pre script.

Perhaps http://www.owlriver.com/tips/hands-off/lw2007.pdf can help you a bit, though it may not be detailed enough.

Regards

Bram

Corey Kovacs 02-29-2012 09:35 AM

Is there a way to make sure or force the kickstart to use local internal disk instead of SAN.

You can unload the fibre channel drivers in the %pre section as well. That
way anaconda won't even are them for the build.