-   -   mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking. (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/634495-mount-nfs-rpc-statd-not-running-but-required-remote-locking.html)

unix syzadmin 02-17-2012 10:06 PM

mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.

Hi,

I am getting the following error on RHEL6 for NFS mount. Please suggest.

# more /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)

# uname -r
2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64

# mount -t nfs nfs02:/share0217 /mnt
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

Thanks.

unix syzadmin 02-17-2012 10:18 PM

mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.

I think i found the answer; even though chkconfig reported that
"rpcbind" was setup to start in run level 3, for some reason it was
not running.

After this was started; I was able to mount the NFS share.

# who -r
run-level 3 2012-02-16 19:19

# chkconfig --list rpcbind
rpcbind 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

# service rpcbind status
rpcbind is stopped

# service rpcbind start
Starting rpcbind: [ OK ]