FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Red Hat Linux

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-18-2012, 01:39 PM
"M.Vadivel Kumar"
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

Hi friends

Help me to configure ntp server & Client in rhel5
please send me the steps


--
**Thanks and Regards,
M.Vadivel Kumar,
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:09:45 +0530, M.Vadivel Kumar wrote:

Hi friends

Help me to configure ntp server & Client in rhel5
please send me the steps

Why? Have you read the man pages? Have you found other documentation,
like how-to's? Have you even googled for the information?


mark, not here to do your job for you (unless you want to send
me money)


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Jummalal Shaikh
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

Hi friends

1)Install ntp RPM

2) open file /etc/ntp.conf

3)file edit line No 13 give server name./ server Ip / subnet mask /

4) file save

5) service ntp restart

6) chkconfig ntp on

7) reboot system

8) NTP working checking command

9) pgrep ntpd


ok .......ntp server is working




On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM, M.Vadivel Kumar <vadiveldotnet@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi friends
>
> Help me to configure ntp server & Client in rhel5
> please send me the steps
>
>
> --
> **Thanks and Regards,
> M.Vadivel Kumar,
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>



--
Regards.......
Jummalal shaikh
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Jummalal Shaikh
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

can you more help so call me 9225943647

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:09:45 +0530, M.Vadivel Kumar wrote:
>
>> Hi friends
>>
>> Help me to configure ntp server & Client in rhel5
>> please send me the steps
>>
>> Why? Have you read the man pages? Have you found other documentation,
> like how-to's? Have you even googled for the information?
>
> mark, not here to do your job for you (unless you want to send me
> money)
>
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@**redhat.com<redhat-list-request@redhat.com>
> ?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/**mailman/listinfo/redhat-list<https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list>
>



--
Regards.......
Jummalal shaikh
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

Jummalal,

You just don't get it, do you?

1. You top posted, instead of bottom posted, as the list
recommendations are.
2. You want me to make an international phone call, on my dime,
during my work
hours, when I'm billing time to working for my client, to help
you.
3. You've given no indication at all that you've made any effort to
even
begin to work out what you need to do, not even doing web
searches for
the information you're asking for; which, I will note, is
easily findable.
4. You've given no indication that you have any clue how to do your
job, which
presumably you were hired to do, on the basis of some
qualifications that

have to do with Unix/Linux knowledge.

With all that, and you want me to make that international call, do
you also have $25M to get out of the country, and want my bank account
info?


mark

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:06:23 +0530, Jummalal Shaikh wrote:

can you more help so call me 9225943647

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:44 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:


On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 20:09:45 +0530, M.Vadivel Kumar wrote:


Hi friends

Help me to configure ntp server & Client in rhel5
please send me the steps

Why? Have you read the man pages? Have you found other
documentation,

like how-to's? Have you even googled for the information?

mark, not here to do your job for you (unless you want to send
me

money)


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe
mailto:redhat-list-request@**redhat.com<redhat-list-request@redhat.com>

?subject=unsubscribe

https://www.redhat.com/**mailman/listinfo/redhat-list<https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list>





--
Regards.......
Jummalal shaikh


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
cliff here
 
Default help me to configure nt server & Client

As mark is politely trying to say is a Google search will turn up plenty of
information, and that this mailing list is not a help desk but a
collaborative tool

On Jan 18, 2012 11:04 AM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

Jummalal,

You just don't get it, do you?

1. You top posted, instead of bottom posted, as the list recommendations
are.
2. You want me to make an international phone call, on my dime, during my
work
hours, when I'm billing time to working for my client, to help you.
3. You've given no indication at all that you've made any effort to even
begin to work out what you need to do, not even doing web searches
for
the information you're asking for; which, I will note, is easily
findable.
4. You've given no indication that you have any clue how to do your job,
which
presumably you were hired to do, on the basis of some qualifications
that
have to do with Unix/Linux knowledge.

With all that, and you want me to make that international call, do you
also have $25M to get out of the country, and want my bank account info?

mark



On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 21:06:23 +0530, Jummalal Shaikh wrote:
>
> can you more help so call me 922594...
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:14 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org