Old 11-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Gnanashekar

Default Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Hi,

I am from an IBM aix background.
Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.

I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory, paging & network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority of the Linux community uses.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad

Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Chaim Rieger

Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.

I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory, paging& network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority of the Linux community uses.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad

mrtg is common
nagios is common to monitor thresholds (not graphing though)

Old 11-12-2011, 03:23 AM
sudheer koppala

Dear gnanasheskar

we can monitor using top , free commands

learn about this commands using man

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Chaim Rieger <lists@up-south.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/2011 6:37 PM, Gnanashekar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am from an IBM aix background.
>> Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.
>>
>> I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory,
>> paging& network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also
>> download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.
>>

>> Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority
>> of the Linux community uses.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> mrtg is common
> nagios is common to monitor thresholds (not graphing though)

regards
sudheer koppala
7382383262

Old 11-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Barry Brimer

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority
of the Linux community uses.

I don't know that there is any tool that the majority of the Linux
community uses. I've used Zabbix before, it seems to work well.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 AM

Hi,

you can use ganglia to monitor utilization of CPU , memory and network graphically there is many more you can monitor

--mukesh
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM
"Facundo M. de la Cruz"

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Shariq Siddiqui

Hi,
You can try MUNIN for resource monitoring, it generates good graphs also on daily,weekly,monthly and yearly basis.
You can also configure and customize it according to your needs.its very easy to install and handle. plus you can monitor other OS also...

http://munin-monitoring.org/

*
Best Regards,

Shariq Siddiqui