-   -   Redhat linux server resource monitoring (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/597338-redhat-linux-server-resource-monitoring.html)

Gnanashekar 11-12-2011 01:37 AM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Hi,

I am from an IBM aix background.
Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.

I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory, paging & network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority of the Linux community uses.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad

Chaim Rieger 11-12-2011 02:51 AM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.

I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory, paging& network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority of the Linux community uses.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad

mrtg is common
nagios is common to monitor thresholds (not graphing though)

sudheer koppala 11-12-2011 03:23 AM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Dear gnanasheskar

we can monitor using top , free commands

learn about this commands using man

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Chaim Rieger <lists@up-south.com> wrote:

> On 11/11/2011 6:37 PM, Gnanashekar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am from an IBM aix background.
>> Recently I have started managing Linux on intel hardware.
>>
>> I am looking for a tool to monitor and trend the resource (CPU, memory,
>> paging& network) utilization. I use nmon on IBM hardware. I can also
>> download nmon executable compiled for intel and red hat Linux.
>>

>> Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority
>> of the Linux community uses.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> mrtg is common
> nagios is common to monitor thresholds (not graphing though)

regards
sudheer koppala
7382383262

Barry Brimer 11-12-2011 03:29 AM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Curious to know if there is any other tool similar to nmon that majority
of the Linux community uses.

I don't know that there is any tool that the majority of the Linux
community uses. I've used Zabbix before, it seems to work well.

11-12-2011 04:29 AM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Hi,

you can use ganglia to monitor utilization of CPU , memory and network graphically there is many more you can monitor

--mukesh
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

"Facundo M. de la Cruz" 11-12-2011 01:32 PM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Shariq Siddiqui 11-12-2011 03:18 PM

Redhat linux server resource monitoring

Hi,
You can try MUNIN for resource monitoring, it generates good graphs also on daily,weekly,monthly and yearly basis.
You can also configure and customize it according to your needs.its very easy to install and handle. plus you can monitor other OS also...

http://munin-monitoring.org/

*
Best Regards,

Shariq Siddiqui