Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM
"Blackburn, Marvin"

Default rhel licenses for vmware

Does anyone have a link to a site or white paper that will help me
determine what options are available.

The website products page is not really clear on how that works.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 PM
"LaBelle, Stephen"

Sir,

I believe you need to work with VMware on that.

http://www.vmware.com

VMware is an independent company with no ties to Red Hat. You can run RHEL VMs within VMware. All our licensing came from VMware.

Steve

Stephen L. LaBelle
Metropolitan State College of Denver
Senior System Administrator
Unix and Linux Team
labelles@mscd.edu
303-556-3644

Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 PM
chiong lawrence

Maybe you can try RHEV (kvm) virt tech either way for you not to get a
vmware lic

Lawrence Chiong | Junior Open Source Software Architect

*T:* 403.509.1010 ext. 3091| *M:* 403.889.9668 | *F:* 403.509.1011
lawrence.chiong@guest-tek.com <first.last@guest-tek.com> | www.guest-tek.com

**
**
*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*

Old 10-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Barry Brimer

Does anyone have a link to a site or white paper that will help me
determine what options are available.

The website products page is not really clear on how that works.

Your question is a little unclear. Are you asking what is the best way to
license RHEL guests on a VMware server? If not, please restate your
question in a more definite manner.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:45 PM
"Facundo M. de la Cruz"