Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 AM
Mun

Default The From: header is wrong on received emails

Hi,

I'm running RHEL5.7 and using sendmail 8.13.8 . My company's domain is
(e.g.) company.com; and my local site's domain is local.company.com .

For some reason when I receive e-mail from fellow employees at any site
the domain name in the From: header is incorrect: it is always
local.company.com instead of company.com . This causes havoc for
replies because if I send e-mail to local.company.com the e-mail will
bounce.

I can't figure out what needs to change in my sendmail configuration to
correct this issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mun

Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM
"Troy Knabe"

Take a look at masquerading in sendmail.mc

-Troy