FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Red Hat Linux

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-17-2011, 04:50 PM
cliff here
 
Default Manual URL re-directs

Nope, don't want high avail or load balancing. Literally want it to function
like a KVM switch, press button 1 to go to URL 1 etc.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org> wrote:

> On 17 October 2011 16:12, cliff here <c4ifford@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Mornin' listmates
> >
> > I'm trying to think through a task I got the other day, and it seems
> fairly
> > simple however, I'm not sure what the correct tool for the Job is. Let me
> > break down the scenario.
>
> Have a look at ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse options.
>
> Then set up a VirtualHost for the hostname you want to use (i.e.,
> www.application.com) and then ProxyPass to those and back.
>
> Sample:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName application.com
>
> DocumentRoot /fubar
> ProxyPass / http://www.application-one.com/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.application-one.com/
> ServerAlias www.application.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> On the other hand, if you want to use high-availability or load
> balance across the envs, either (yours nor mine) are not the right
> approach.
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>



--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 PM
 
Default Manual URL re-directs

cliff here wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org>
> wrote:
>> On 17 October 2011 16:12, cliff here <c4ifford@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Mornin' listmates
>> >
>> > I'm trying to think through a task I got the other day, and it seems
>> > fairly simple however, I'm not sure what the correct tool for the Job
<snip>
>> On the other hand, if you want to use high-availability or load
>> balance across the envs, either (yours nor mine) are not the right
>> approach.

> Nope, don't want high avail or load balancing. Literally want it to
> function like a KVM switch, press button 1 to go to URL 1 etc.

Literally, you *do* want h/a. One serves the site; you want to do
maintenance on it, turn down heartbeat, and #2 picks it up, and the
server's free for you to do maintenance.

mark


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM
cliff here
 
Default Manual URL re-directs

I don't really need them to heart beat, the requirement is to just have an
admin change to the entry server to redirect when needed. It doesn't have to
fail over on it's own.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> cliff here wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org>
> > wrote:
> >> On 17 October 2011 16:12, cliff here <c4ifford@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > Mornin' listmates
> >> >
> >> > I'm trying to think through a task I got the other day, and it seems
> >> > fairly simple however, I'm not sure what the correct tool for the Job
> <snip>
> >> On the other hand, if you want to use high-availability or load
> >> balance across the envs, either (yours nor mine) are not the right
> >> approach.
>
> > Nope, don't want high avail or load balancing. Literally want it to
> > function like a KVM switch, press button 1 to go to URL 1 etc.
>
> Literally, you *do* want h/a. One serves the site; you want to do
> maintenance on it, turn down heartbeat, and #2 picks it up, and the
> server's free for you to do maintenance.
>
> mark
>
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>



--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Scott Rouse
 
Default Manual URL re-directs

>
> SNIP
> >
> > Literally, you *do* want h/a. One serves the site; you want to do
> > maintenance on it, turn down heartbeat, and #2 picks it up, and the
> > server's free for you to do maintenance.
> >
> > mark
> >
> >
> > --
> > redhat-list mailing list
> > unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
> >
>
> Just do it simply with a DNS CNAME. Change the ttl to a low ttl and change
> the cname if you have problems.
>
> --
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
> the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
> under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
> to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
> you
> have received this communication in error, please notify the sender
> immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
> message and all its attachments.
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org