-   -   NIS yppasswd command - changed from 5.4 to 6.0? (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/587593-nis-yppasswd-command-changed-5-4-6-0-a.html)

Christina Salls 10-14-2011 12:51 PM

NIS yppasswd command - changed from 5.4 to 6.0?

Hi all,

I have 2 SGI clusters and a storage server all running RHEL 5.4,
and 2 SGI clusters running RHEL 6.0. I configured NIS to control user
authentication. Everything seems to be working fine, except that when I
change the password for a user with the yppasswd command (as root), it
changes the password on the 5.4 systems and they are able to log in with
the new password, but it does not change the password on the 6.0
systems. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Christina

--