Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM
raj sourabh

Default CPU utilization history

Hi,

I have RHEL 5.5 servers installed on production environent. I wanted to
check the CPU utiliation logs for past two months. Is it possible? Are there
any such logs which can show the CPU utilization history?

When I check "sar -r" only logs for today are available.

Please suggest..

Regards,
Raj

Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Daniel Carrillo

2011/10/6 raj sourabh <rajsourabh1@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have RHEL 5.5 servers installed on production environent. I wanted to
> check the CPU utiliation logs for past two months. Is it possible? Are there
> any such logs which can show the CPU utilization history?
>
> When I check "sar -r" only logs for today are available.

By default only activity of last 7 days are saved, to change it, please check:

/etc/sysconfig/sysstat

To check for example yesterday (05 October):

sar -P ALL -f /var/log/sa/sa05

man sar

By the way, if you need an advanced monitorization system you should
use a monitoring software like nagios, zabbix, zenoss, etc.

Kind Regards.