-   -   redhat linux: Do we have any control on how the LUNs are discovered and named? (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/574564-redhat-linux-do-we-have-any-control-how-luns-discovered-named.html)

unix syzadmin 09-12-2011 01:10 PM

redhat linux: Do we have any control on how the LUNs are discovered and named?

Hi,

We have redhat linux servers that get SAN storage assigned from EMC.
The LUNs are discovered as emcpowera,b etc.
I wish they were discovered and named as ecmpower1, emcpower2 etc.
Do we have any control on how the LUNs are discovered and named?

Any ideas/suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks.