Old 09-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Steven Barre

Default Cert Upgrade

Hello All

I wrote RHCT last year on v5, and am going to write RHCE this year on
v6. But I'm told I have to rewrite the first level test (now RHCSA)
before the RHCE test.

Any good study guides to get me up to speed on the differences in v6 ?

Steven Barre
steven@realestatewebmasters.com

Systems and Support Manager
Real Estate Webmasters

Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 AM
RILINDO FOSTER

When the updated Jang book was still in pre-order, I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hands--Guide-Red-Exams-Certification/dp/0321767950/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315536000&sr=8-2

It has some notable errors in DNS and missing a section on ISCSI and Kerberos, but on the other hand, it does a good job of showing the differences between RHEL5 and RHEL6. I also used this (actually, initially started with) as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Technician-Engineer-Administrators-Reference/dp/1615844309/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315536155&sr=1-1

With these two books, I passed my RHCSA. And I am still using them as backup, even though I am now using the Jang Book to study for the RHCE. In fact, I recommend all three books for exam preparation.

(as a side note, I also highly recommend reading through the Red Hat Documentation site if you really need to deep-dive into Red Hat's configuration utilities, especially for Virtualization.