Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM
ESGLinux

Default SEMI-OT: suggestion about a NAS

Hi All,

This is a semi off topic because is not a RHEL especific question but Im
sure some of you have a RHEL running virtualized on a NAS ;-)

I want to buy a NAS iSCSI to run my virtual RHELs on it and Id like to know
which are the best options:
EMC
DELL

They are very expensive so Id like to know the opinion from system admins
before I spend my money ;-)

any suggestion from there?

Thanks in advance.

ESG

Old 09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Rob DeSanno

We have a couple of NetApp FAS3040C's here at work booting RHEL 5 via iSCSI,
and while I can't tell you which is best, this NAS and has served us well
for the past few years.

Right now we are looking into new storage options for the end of this year
and looking at Nimbus for an all SSD solution. Give it a look too. I read a
lot of great things about SSD storage as far as performance and not as
expensive as a new disk based SAN, but do your homework with regard to MTTF.

Good luck!

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:50 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is a semi off topic because is not a RHEL especific question but Im
> sure some of you have a RHEL running virtualized on a NAS ;-)
>
> I want to buy a NAS iSCSI to run my virtual RHELs on it and Id like to
> know
> which are the best options:
> EMC
> DELL
>
> They are very expensive so Id like to know the opinion from system admins
> before I spend my money ;-)
>
> any suggestion from there?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ESG