Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 PM
unix syzadmin

Default fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open/dev/datavg/optOracle

Hi,

# mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

Created the new mkinitrd ; still facing the same issue. No luck.
We are using LUNs from EMC CLARiiON frame. Since we are not SAN booting; I
guess all that I have to do is install powerpath, discover the LUN allocated
and put it to use with regular lvm commands.

I am not sure what SAN drivers needs to be loaded before automount and if
they have to be included in initrd-2.6.18-238.el5.img.

We use emulex fibre adapters. I am also not sure if this has anything to do
with the settings for HBA.

# powermt display dev=all
Pseudo name=emcpowera
CLARiiON ID=APM11105711783 [zlnx_009]
Logical device ID=711711615C54231128C4C83E26D3E111 [Lun 0611]
state=alive; policy=CLAROpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0;
Owner: default=SP B, current=SP B Array failover mode: 1
--------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path -- -- Stats
---
### HW Path I/O Paths Interf. Mode State Q-IOs
Errors
5 lpfc sdb SP B4 active alive 0
0
5 lpfc sdc SP A5 active alive 0
0
7 lpfc sdd SP A4 active alive 0
0
7 lpfc sde SP B5 active alive 0
0

# lspci | grep -i fibre
0a:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0a:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0c:00.0 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)
0c:00.1 Fibre Channel: Emulex Corporation Zephyr-X LightPulse Fibre Channel
Host Adapter (rev 02)

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
unix syzadmin

Also sending details about powerpath version and rpm that is installed.

# uname -a
Linux zlnx_009 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Sun Dec 19 14:22:44 EST 2010 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# powermt version
EMC powermt for PowerPath (c) Version 5.6 (build 143)

# rpm -qa | grep -i emc
EMCpower.LINUX-5.6.0.00.00-143

Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM
"Eugene Vilensky"

Sorry, the imprecise "san drivers" I meant to refer to the HBA drivers. Include the emulex driver in your mkinitrd command using a --with statement. Lsmod can show you the module name.
Sent via mobile.