Old 08-27-2011, 05:57 AM
sunhux G

Default WINE crossover to run winscp for ASCII mode files transfer

I heard we can run Windows tools / binaries in RHES Linux :

Q1:
Can someone give me all the links (& its dependent rpm packages )
to download WINE / crossover for RHES 4.x / 5.x. I have a Redhat
account

Q2:
How to go about setting up winscp to run on my RHES 4.x / 5.x Linux
box

Q3:
A sample Shell script to run winscp to copy over a text file in ASCII
mode (yes, this is the ASCII mode equivalent in ftp) via sftp / scp
protocol. Yes, I could have used unix2dos or Perl to convert a file
first before copying it using sftp/scp but due to policy in place, I was
told not to do conversion (which I can't understand why)

Sun

Old 08-27-2011, 06:34 AM
Ben