-   -   Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/567705-convert-centos-5-6-rhel-5-6-a.html)

ESGLinux 08-24-2011 10:21 AM

Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

Hi All

I have a server running CentOS 5.6 and I want to convert it to RHEL 5.6 to
get support from RHEL

Is there any way to do it without reinstalling?

Thanks in advance

ESG

Grzegorz Witkowski 08-24-2011 11:15 AM

Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

Is it legal? Would that be supported? I do not think so.
That is why you should think about that during a deployment phase not
when the problem strikes.

Rgds,
Ges

"Marti, Robert" 08-24-2011 11:17 AM

Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

> Is there any way to do it without reinstalling?

Not really, no. You could (in theory) get the RHN tools on there, register it, and reinstall everything... But it might not work, might leave you with a funky package or two, and is generally not recommended.

Short answer: reinstall.

ESGLinux 08-24-2011 12:01 PM

Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

Hi All,

I suposse that there is not an easy way to do this.

I´going to reinstall (I hope all applications works fine after that...)

Thanks for your answers,

ESG

Georgios Magklaras 08-24-2011 12:40 PM

Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6