-   -   Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question) (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/564936-difference-between-rhel-5-x-rhel6-training-question.html)

Matty Sarro 08-16-2011 05:43 PM

Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question)

Hey everyone,
My department currently is using 5.x for all of its deployments. I am
supposed to work on my RHCE as part of my tasks for the year. Most of
the documentation I can find now is tailored towards RHCE for RHEL6.
Are there very many differences? Will I be ok working on rhel5.x with
a RHCE for 6?

I know there are at least some changes between the two.
-Matthew

Eugene Vilensky 08-16-2011 06:14 PM

Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question)

There are many differences, I don't think it will do you much good.
Lots of stuff has changed between RHEL5 and 6. Aside from the Red Hat
documentation, you could look at each Fedora release since Fedora Core
5 to about Fedora 11/12/13 to see approximately how much change there
has been.