Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 AM
kavya

Default installing vlc in rhel5

Hi list,

I have vlc 1.1.11 media player, I am trying install configure that
package but am getting error like " C compiler not find in PATH"
Please give me steps to configure it as am new to linux.

Thanks,

Kavya

Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 AM
raj sourabh

Hi,

Easiest way is to download the rpm(
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-redhat.html) and codec files and put
them in rpm repository.

And then install using yum.

Raj

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 AM
"Amit Tewari"

Hi,
Just see where your c compiler is installed or not on your system.
If not installed then install gcc package
And if is installed then see the directory where it is installed on your
linux,ansd then add that gcc path to ur PATH environment variable.
i.e PATH=<gcc_path> on commandline

I have vlc 1.1.11 media player, I am trying install configure
that
package but am getting error like " C compiler not find in PATH"
Please give me steps to configure it as am new to linux.

Thanks,

Kavya

DISCLAIMER:
intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECHCL or its
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of NECHCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. .

Old 08-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Rpm-qa!grep "gcc"