Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Bob Sauvage

Default OpenIPMI and RedHat 6

Hello *

New to IPMI world, I want to get info about fans and temperatures of my
server.

My server is running under RHEL 6 with this kernel :
/2.6.32-131.6.1.el6.x86_64./

I installed this OpenIPMI package : /OpenIPMI.x86_64 2.0.16-12.el6/ and
this ipmitool package : /ipmitool.x86_64 1.8.11-7.el6/.

But when I launch this command, it fails :

/ipmitool sel list
Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No
such file or directory

Get SEL Info command failed/

It seems that the driver is not correctly binded to the device ?

Someone can help me ?

Thanks a lot !