Old 06-07-2011, 05:03 PM
"Paul M. Whitney"

Default YUM Update Exclude

Hi,

I am trying to update servers from RHEL 5.1 to RHEL 5.5. How do I exclude RHEL 5.6 from being installed?

Paul M. Whitney
paul.whitney@me.com

Old 06-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Josh Miller

I don't have a system to test on right now, but you could try to add the
following to your /etc/yum.conf:

exclude=redhat-release-5-6

(Be sure to test this out.)

Thanks,
Josh

Old 06-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Matty Sarro

Download the RHEL 5.5 ISO's and upgrade off of them. Sadly YUM doesn't
have the ability to update to a "cut off point in time" unless you
have a full package list AFAIK.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
"Paul M. Whitney"

Matty,

That is what I ended up doing. Not as elegant as I would like but it did the job. Also, had to comment out the Satellite Server URL in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date.conf so that it was not even looked at in the process.

Thank you,

Paul M. Whitney
paul.whitney@me.com