Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Matty Sarro

Default /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-ethN Question

Hey everyone,
I am trying to find out more about setting up per-device routing using
the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-ethN file. Basically I'm not
about to find any real details about how the file is supposed to be
created. Is it just a shell script with ip route commands? I have
three network interfaces, and each needs to be connected to its own
discrete network with its own gateway. Right now I have all of the
rules set up in /etc/rc.local, which seems to work fine for the first
two interfaces, but not the third.

Due to the circumstances, normal static routing won't work - I need to
use iproute2.

Since the /etc/sysconfig/network-script/route-ethN file gets run when
the interface comes up, I am assuming this may help. Any advice is
appreciated.