Old 05-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Marius Boitor

Default RHEL 6 how to register system with RHN

Hi,

I've just installed RHEL 6 server but is telling me to register the system
with RHN. I have purchased everything I need I just need a bit of help on
how can this be done from my shell.

Thx,
Marius

Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Dustin Larmeir

It's really simple Marius - Just run the rhn_register command from the
console or a ssh session and follow the steps.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
"Scott, Damian"

What if your RHEL systems don't have direct internet access? (Which is the case with many companies)

I would imagine one would set up some kind of RHEL proxy that has internet access and register all your internal systems, but I don't know for certain as I have never done it.

It's really simple Marius - Just run the rhn_register command from the
console or a ssh session and follow the steps.

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Marius Boitor <boitor.marius@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed RHEL 6 server but is telling me to register the system
> with RHN. I have purchased everything I need I just need a bit of help on
> how can this be done from my shell.
>
> Thx,
> Marius

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Marius Boitor

Thank you all and sorry for delay.

Because of a good friend of mine who's in this list also I found out
straight away.

Yes, the client is rhn_register but you need to be able to remember it and a
new born baby and some sleepless nights can make this task a bit difficult
sometime

Thank you.

Marius

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Dustin Larmeir <dustin@larmeir.com> wrote:

> It's really simple Marius - Just run the rhn_register command from the
> console or a ssh session and follow the steps.
>

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Marius Boitor <boitor.marius@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed RHEL 6 server but is telling me to register the
> system
> > with RHN. I have purchased everything I need I just need a bit of help on
> > how can this be done from my shell.
> >
> > Thx,
> > Marius
> > --