Old 05-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Greg Wojcieszczuk

Default a/c

Hi,
Have a look at pam_tally2. There is an option there (even_deny_root)
which if NOT used will practically prevent root account fro being locked up.

Read pam_tally2 (man) for more details.

Kind regards,
Greg Wojcieszczuk

Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM
"Kyle O'Donnell"

system-auth-ac:
auth required pam_tally2.so deny=5 unlock_time=300

#if this isnt added things like sudo will always cause a failed login
attempt
account required pam_tally2.so deny=5 unlock_time=300