Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Default PHP 5.3.3 install conflict

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my php from version 5.2.14 to version 5.3.3 and I am having a conflict.

Package-cleanup is the yum_utils package but when I do 'yum install yum_utils' I get
After this I ran package-cleanup and it stills complaint when I tried to install php53

Have you ran into this problem?

How did you solve it?

[root@WESC ~]# yum install php53

Loaded plugins: rhnplugin

Setting up Install Process

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package php53.x86_64 0:5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 set to be updated

--> Processing Dependency: php53-common = 5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 for package:

--> php53 Processing Dependency: php53-cli = 5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 for

--> package: php53 Running transaction check

---> Package php53-cli.x86_64 0:5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 set to be updated

---> Package php53-common.x86_64 0:5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 set to be updated

--> Processing Conflict: php53-common conflicts php-common Finished

--> Dependency Resolution

php53-common-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1.x86_64 from rhel-x86_64-server-5 has depsolving problems

--> php53-common conflicts with php52-common

Error: php53-common conflicts with php52-common You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could try running: package-cleanup --problems

package-cleanup --dupes

rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.

Thanks

Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 AM
mark

Florez, Nestor wrote:

I am trying to upgrade my php from version 5.2.14 to version 5.3.3 and I am having a conflict.

Package-cleanup is the yum_utils package but when I do 'yum install yum_utils' I get
After this I ran package-cleanup and it stills complaint when I tried to install php53

Have you ran into this problem?

How did you solve it?

One answer would be to use yum install ... --skip-broken. The other
would be to uninstall php, then install, and get the new one.

mark

--
"Think of the elves as being like the CIA: whether or not they're on
your side, you don't really want to be noticed by them"

Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 AM
"bastian v.s"

Try to remove php52-common then update to php53

rpm -e php52-common

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:18 AM, mark <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> Florez, Nestor wrote:
>

>> I am trying to upgrade my php from version 5.2.14 to version 5.3.3 and I
>> am having a conflict.
>>
>> Package-cleanup is the yum_utils package but when I do 'yum install
>> yum_utils' I get
>> After this I ran package-cleanup and it stills complaint when I tried to
>> install php53
>>
>> Have you ran into this problem?
>>
>> How did you solve it?
>>

> One answer would be to use yum install ... --skip-broken. The other would
> be to uninstall php, then install, and get the new one.
>
> mark
>
> --
> "Think of the elves as being like the CIA: whether or not they're on
> your side, you don't really want to be noticed by them"
> - Sean Mead (?), Windycon, 2002

With Regard`s
Bastian V.S

Unix Administrator

Mob :+919846363663

blog: www.unimaxlin.com

Old 05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Mark, thanks for the info

:-)

Old 05-19-2011, 03:55 PM
"Florez, Nestor"

Bastian,

I thought about removing php5.2.14 and then installing php5.3.3

Thanks for your reply.

:-)

Try to remove php52-common then update to php53

rpm -e php52-common

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:18 AM, mark <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> Florez, Nestor wrote:
>

>> I am trying to upgrade my php from version 5.2.14 to version 5.3.3 and I
>> am having a conflict.
>>
>> Package-cleanup is the yum_utils package but when I do 'yum install
>> yum_utils' I get
>> After this I ran package-cleanup and it stills complaint when I tried to
>> install php53
>>
>> Have you ran into this problem?
>>
>> How did you solve it?
>>

> One answer would be to use yum install ... --skip-broken. The other would
> be to uninstall php, then install, and get the new one.
>
> mark
>
> --
> "Think of the elves as being like the CIA: whether or not they're on
> your side, you don't really want to be noticed by them"
> - Sean Mead (?), Windycon, 2002

With Regard`s
Bastian V.S

Unix Administrator