Old 05-12-2011, 06:57 PM
cliff here

Default Backup solutions for Linux servers

I think i might start looking into ReaR

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Folks,

Is there *really* any reason not to delete all the disclaimers, at the
very least? I mean, Cliff's response is two lines... now count how many
lines of that there are - I'm guessing 60 or more....

mark

Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Hakan Koseoglu

Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I would be curious to see what
people are doing for a bare metal backups, since most of the actual data I
have are usually rsynced.

Mondobackup works perfectly fine.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:39 PM
cliff here

Agreed ctrl -a - del fix's that nicely - anyhow I'm going to delve into some
of these options . I will feed back if anything works for my circumstances

Old 05-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Bob Wickline

I've looked at MondoRescue as well. Would be interested if anyone has done a head-to-head comparison between the two. When I did a terse eval I thought ReaR was a less-mature product but more met our needs. Only thing that worries me about ReaR is continued development/support.

Hakan Koseoglu <hakan@koseoglu.org> wrote:

On 12/05/11 17:33, cliff here wrote: > Not to hijack the thread from the OP, but I would be curious to see what > people are doing for a bare metal backups, since most of the actual data I > have are usually rsynced. Mondobackup works perfectly fine. -- redhat-list mailing list unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list

Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Hakan Koseoglu