Old 05-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Jacky Li

Default Help Needed: My RHEL5 box suddenly stopped accepting e-mails

Hi,

Since you don't have iptables off and your company doesn't have a
firewall, my guess your ISP is doing the filtering. Can we get a
description/picture of your network?

< your computer> <---> ISP <---> to the outside?

Jacky

Here's what I get from the remote side:

PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
25/tcp filtered smtp

I don't know what filters are in place; is there any way to get more
information
about the filters?

Old 05-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Mun

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everyone once again for all your help. It turns
out that my IP dept does not agree that it is a networking issue and
insists it is an issue with my system. So, I guess I will be
assimilated into using Outlook whether I like it or not.

Thanks very much for the education in networking and e-mail. At least I
learned a lot through this ordeal.

Kind regards,

--
Mun

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:03 PM PDT, Jacky Li wrote:
JL> Hi,
JL>
JL> Since you don't have iptables off and your company doesn't have a
JL> firewall, my guess your ISP is doing the filtering. Can we get a
JL> description/picture of your network?
JL>
JL> < your computer> <---> ISP <---> to the outside?
JL>
JL> Jacky
JL>
JL> > Here's what I get from the remote side:
JL> >
JL> > PORT STATE SERVICE
JL> > 22/tcp open ssh
JL> > 25/tcp filtered smtp
JL> >
JL> > I don't know what filters are in place; is there any way to get more
JL> > information
JL> > about the filters?
JL> >
JL> >
JL> >
JL>
JL> --

Mun Johl Voice: 916.787.2547