FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Red Hat Linux

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Monty wig
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to configure wireless network on my thinkpad T61 running "Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)" from /etc/redhat-release.

I downloaded the firmware and the module package from intel and trying to
build the module for my wireless NIC using these instructions (
http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=howto-iwlwifi) but somehow
its not working and not giving me any errors either...

root@apples - /tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25 --> make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/source
O=/lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/build M=/tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25/compatible/
EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_IWL3945_DEBUG=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_DEBUG=y
-DCONFIG_IWL3945_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y
-DCONFIG_IWL4965_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SENSITIVITY=y
-DCONFIG_IWL3945_QOS=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_QOS=y" modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'

Has anyone build the module for "Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN" successfully
then can you please tell me what am I missing?

Thanks
Monty
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

Monty wig wrote:
> Hello Gurus,
>
> I am trying to configure wireless network on my thinkpad T61 running "Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)" from
> /etc/redhat-release.
>
> I downloaded the firmware and the module package from intel and trying to
> build the module for my wireless NIC using these instructions (
> http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=howto-iwlwifi) but somehow
> its not working and not giving me any errors either...
>
> root@apples - /tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25 --> make
> make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/source
> O=/lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/build M=/tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25/compatible/
> EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_IWL3945_DEBUG=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_DEBUG=y
> -DCONFIG_IWL3945_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y
> -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SENSITIVITY=y
> -DCONFIG_IWL3945_QOS=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_QOS=y" modules
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
> Building modules, stage 2.
> MODPOST
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
>
> Has anyone build the module for "Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN" successfully
> then can you please tell me what am I missing?

It looks like it succeded. Did you then do make install?

mark "./configure;make;make install"

--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Monty wig
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

Make install gives me this...

make install
make: *** No rule to make target `compatible/iwl4965.ko', needed by
`install'. Stop.

configure script doesn't exist in this directory and is in the
instructions....

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:

> Monty wig wrote:
> > Hello Gurus,
> >
> > I am trying to configure wireless network on my thinkpad T61 running "Red
> > Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)" from
> > /etc/redhat-release.
> >
> > I downloaded the firmware and the module package from intel and trying to
> > build the module for my wireless NIC using these instructions (
> > http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=howto-iwlwifi) but
> somehow
> > its not working and not giving me any errors either...
> >
> > root@apples - /tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25 --> make
> > make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/source
> > O=/lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/build M=/tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25/compatible/
> > EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_IWL3945_DEBUG=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_DEBUG=y
> > -DCONFIG_IWL3945_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y
> > -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SENSITIVITY=y
> > -DCONFIG_IWL3945_QOS=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_QOS=y" modules
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
> > Building modules, stage 2.
> > MODPOST
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
> >
> > Has anyone build the module for "Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN"
> successfully
> > then can you please tell me what am I missing?
>
> It looks like it succeded. Did you then do make install?
>
> mark "./configure;make;make install"
>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

Monty wig wrote:
> Make install gives me this...
>
> make install
> make: *** No rule to make target `compatible/iwl4965.ko', needed by
> `install'. Stop.
>
> configure script doesn't exist in this directory and is in the
> instructions....
>
Right. Ok, let's step back. You d/l a tarball or zipfile, right? Or was it
an .rpm?

If the former, you untarred/unzipped it, and cd'd into the directory. From
there, I would have assumed there'd be a configure. If not, is there a
README or INSTALL file?

If, on the other hand, it was an rpm, then you need to see where it
installed, usually /usr/src/redhat, and that would have you use rpmbuild.

Which is it?

mark

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>
>> Monty wig wrote:
>> > Hello Gurus,
>> >
>> > I am trying to configure wireless network on my thinkpad T61 running
>> "Red
>> > Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)" from
>> > /etc/redhat-release.
>> >
>> > I downloaded the firmware and the module package from intel and trying
>> to
>> > build the module for my wireless NIC using these instructions (
>> > http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=howto-iwlwifi) but
>> somehow
>> > its not working and not giving me any errors either...
>> >
>> > root@apples - /tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25 --> make
>> > make -C /lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/source
>> > O=/lib/modules/2.6.18-194.el5/build M=/tmp/iwlwifi-1.2.25/compatible/
>> > EXTRA_CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_IWL3945_DEBUG=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_DEBUG=y
>> > -DCONFIG_IWL3945_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y
>> > -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SPECTRUM_MEASUREMENT=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_SENSITIVITY=y
>> > -DCONFIG_IWL3945_QOS=y -DCONFIG_IWL4965_QOS=y" modules
>> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
>> > Building modules, stage 2.
>> > MODPOST
>> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-194.el5-x86_64'
>> >
>> > Has anyone build the module for "Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN"
>> successfully
>> > then can you please tell me what am I missing?
>>
>> It looks like it succeded. Did you then do make install?
>>
>> mark "./configure;make;make install"
>>
>> --
>> redhat-list mailing list
>> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>>
> --
> redhat-list mailing list
> unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
>


--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 02-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Monty wig
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

I got tarball and cc'ed into the directory. I do have both README and
INSTALL file with instructions using make and then make install. NO
configure!!
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 
Old 02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Monty wig
 
Default Installing wireless driver..

INSTALL has the same instructions as these...

http://www.intellinuxwireless.org/?p=iwlwifi&n=howto-iwlwifi
--
redhat-list mailing list
unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/redhat-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org