Old 01-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Robert Freeman-Day

Default How to run more than one X server instance (RHEL client 6)

Old 01-26-2011, 07:46 AM
GSO

OK, problem solved. gdmflexiserver runs an on demand X server.

I didn't realise this but if you switch user from the logout dialogue,
X is actually started on another console, leaving the original login
intact on the original console (i.e., ctrl+alt+functionkey switching).

Am I correct in thinking the original [server] gdm.conf section is deprecated?