-   -   How to run more than one X server instance (RHEL client 6) (http://www.linux-archive.org/red-hat-linux/481151-how-run-more-than-one-x-server-instance-rhel-client-6-a.html)

GSO 01-25-2011 10:18 PM

How to run more than one X server instance (RHEL client 6)

Hi,

The usual way to run more than one X server instance is using gdmsetup
or with a [servers] 0=Standard 1=Standard etc. section in gdm.conf.

As yet gdmconfig is not available for RHEL6 desktop, and I can't (at a
fairly quick glance admittedly, I'm not a sys admin) figure out the
scheme used to configure gdm by RHEL6 otherwise.

I essentially would find it useful to be able to run a xguest kiosk
login alongside a normal login.

Thanks in advance,

"The future will be dominated by the intelligent and the imaginative"
http://www.shoorayner.com/?p=3965