Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Matty Sarro

Default OT question about NAS units

Hey everyone. I know this is off topic but I'm hoping someone can
point me in a direction that would help. Right now we're looking to
implement a simple NAS solution, offering about 24TB of storage. We
want simple boxes that can be purchased fairly cheaply to add some
extra storage space. They will be for nothing but logs, so inexpensive
midline drives can be used. HP has a number of offerings (x1600's,
etc), as does Dell (Powervault series). The problem is that all of
these devices require AC power at the low end. The locations where
these devices will be deployed only offer DC power. We'd have to look
into a massive head-ended solution for something that offers more.
I've tried contacting a number of third party storage vendors (Dakota
storage, etc) but have not received a single response.

Any suggestions on other storage companies would really be appreciated.
-Matty

Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 PM
"Rhoads, Rocky"

Check the quickspec's on the HP kit. Some of our stuff did have 48V DC
modular power supplies available.

[...]

This e-mail and any attachments contain URS Corporation confidential information that may be proprietary or privileged. If you receive this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies.