Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Jonathan S Billings

Default Subversion + apache + logical volumes = permission problems

On 01/11/2011 12:58 PM, Francisco José Márquez Gómez wrote:

All worked fine with default directories. The problem is when I try set
the repository directory point to /var/svn, wich is the mount point of
the logical volume created for store SVN.

Then, usvn begin to show permission errors when I try manage proyects.

I tried replace the /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn with a symbolic link to
/var/svn, but doesn't work. I also tried to mount logical volume
directly in /var/www/html/usvn/files/svn, but not work...

what is the problem???? The directories have same permissions that
default directory... I don't understand...

I've never set up an SVN server, however, the combination of apache, new
volumes and permission denied problems makes me think it might be an
SELinux denial.

I assume you've got SELinux running, and set to Enforcing. When you
created the new volume, did you relabel the contents so they have the
appropriate SELinux attributes such that they can be served out via
apache? Check your /var/log/audit/audit.log, or run:

ausearch -m avc -ts today

to see today's SElinux denials.

--
Jonathan Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support

Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Francisco José Márquez Gómez

Thank you very much!! I already tried set permissive mode in
/etc/selinux/config file before, but I didn't keep in mind that system
should be restarted for apply changes.

Regards,
F.J.