Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
sunhux G

Default Free mail server with POP3 recommendation

Anyone has any freeware mail server for RHEL 4.x to recommend?

Preferably something with least bug, good spam handling, can set
rules (like Outlook rules), ease of administration & supports POP3?

If SMTP & POP3 rpms are bundled, that would be good; if not let
me know where to download

I thought of qmail but I can't seem to get the mrtg rpm that's a
prerequisite
for qmail. Care to point me a url / link to download this & to download
the POP3 rpm?

Thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 PM
sunhux G

Thanks very much FJ.

What about the POP3 component, ie where can I download its ready
to install RPM?

With postfix & qmail, do we still need to install SMTP rpm?

Thanks again

Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
sunhux G

For postfix, I heard cyrus is used together with it.

Is Cyrus a freeware & does it provide POP3 service?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
"Johan Booysen"

I've found some of these guides very useful in the past:

http://www.linuxmail.info/